Monday, September 1, 2014

my heart exploded today

Today's open adult group was SO GOOD. Since it's labor day we decided to just do a chill relaxing fun group so my director decided to just pick out some songs between the both of us and jam. We gave the patients some percussion instruments and we sang Let It Be, Lean On Me, and some other fun songs. This one patient who is seriously one of the NICEST people I have ever met borrowed my guitar to play 2 songs he wrote. I. CRIED. They were SOOO GOOD! Everyone was so awesome and supportive of him and his songs were just amazing. I would buy them. I would listen to them all the time. Everyone was encouraging him to record them. As he was playing one of his songs one of the patients was discharging and walking out and another patient was hugging him and started crying and I seriously was trying so hard to not start sobbing. It was a beautiful moment as I listened to the song and looked around at all the patients and thought about how kind and supportive they are of each other despite all the crap they've been through... I was overflowing with just plain love and joy. After group one of the patients came up to my supervisor and was crying and telling her thank you for the gift of music you bring to us. She said she always wanted to study music but never finished and apparently she's a really good singer. My supervisor told her when you sing, you are bringing the gift of music to others. You have been blessed with it, and you bless others.
Dangggg.
This is why I do this. For these moments. My heart was so full. :) :) :)

1 comment: