Sunday, July 6, 2014

Move in day!

So I am starting my internship at a behavioral health hospital tomorrow and I want to start a blog to document all my adventures! Today has been so long! My mom and I packed all day in between eating at Black Dog Cafe for breakfast/early lunch and Panera for a late lunch/early dinner. I can't believe that I fit so much stuff in my car. It's pretty amazing. I took the two hour drive over here, and Rita (the one whose house I'm moving into) helped me unpack. I do have a lot of stuff I think... and she thought I did too... haha and I was a little overwhelmed and really lonely when I got here but I started unpacking and organizing. Rita let me borrow an air mattress until my parents come and bring me my bed and other furniture next weekend. I could seriously sleep on this thing for the entirety of my internship... it basically blows up into a real queen bed. It's awesome and really comfortable. I know eventually I will get used to this but right now I honestly do not want to be here. I want to be home, with people I know, in my own room. I feel weird about all this because I don't know how much of her stuff I can use and how much I shouldn't use, I don't know how much of my stuff to put in the kitchen and bathroom and how much to keep in my room. Ugh. I really wish I could be living alone for my internship but... money. Hopefully I will get used to this and it won't feel so weird and lonely. I'm going back to tallahassee next weekend to play at an open mic night and meet my parents to load the uhaul (with MORE OF MY STUFF THAT I PROBABLY REALLY DONT NEED) so I'm just keeping that in mind and it makes me feel better. Also this is temporary. 5 months isn't too long. Anyways, tomorrow i have orientation from 8-12 (7-11 my time -_-). Then I think I'm talking with my internship director and maybe doing some observations? I also probably need to buy some more food or something I just don't know how the kitchen is working really between the both of us. I also want to try riding my bike down to the beach. The ocean has never failed to make me feel at peace and at home. I'm so so so so glad my internship is near the ocean. Well off to bed I go, it's time to start waking up early again! Just like the good old days of 8am classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment