Tuesday, July 22, 2014

weekend!

I'm writing this in the morning even though I don't have much time before I leave... I had a pretty great weekend even though it rained the whole time. I didn't mind too much though... I like the rain. One of my friends was in town because her boyfriend lives here so she came Saturday and we went to a popular touristy restaurant which was crazy crowded but yummy. Then we went to dippin' dots, gave some dude a ride to a place down the road, then went to this cute downtown historic district close to my house. It was a lot of fun and I'm so glad I got to hang out with someone! Then on Sunday I didn't do much of anything until like 3 when I decided to drive to the beach even though it looked like it was going to pour any second. There was a crazy amount of traffic but I kept driving hoping that somewhere far down where there would be less hotels and tourist attractions a less crowded beach. I ended driving for like 40 minutes and came across the most ADORABLE, COOLEST LITTLE NEIGHBORHOOD. I first went to the beach which was BEAUTIFUL then I looked up coffee shops on my phone. As I followed the road I came into this awesome little town. I'm guessing most of the houses were vacation rentals and condo type things and there were a lot of families there. I was in the town square place where they had some nice restaurants, a coffee place, a little book store, and some other cute things like that. I went to the coffee place and kind of just walked around and looked at the houses which were huge and really nice. I felt like I was in another country! Like Europe or something. I am definitely going back there when Lily comes to visit. Anyways yesterday was a really chill day at internship. I mostly just worked on my session plans then observed the adolescent unit. I'm really not feeling it this morning. Hopefully today isn't too bad. I do get to go to a DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy) training for an hour so I'm really looking forward to that. So far I've worked 98/900 hours!! I'm getting there. 4 months left already. Wow. This month has just really zoomed by. Hopefully the rest of my internship does too!

1 comment:

  1. The weekend sounds like it was awesome! The tourists will be going home next month and I bet it will be much more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete